Claim Denied? Call the Kansas City, MO, Insurance Claims Lawyers
When you suffer a loss, whether it’s damage to your vehicle, damage to your property, injury to yourself, or something else, you expect your insurance company to have your back. After all, that’s why you have an insurance policy. That’s why if your claim is denied, you might feel lost. Why were you paying for insurance if your insurance provider won’t support your claim?
Having a legitimate insurance claim denied is unfair, but unfortunately, not uncommon. That’s why the Saxton Law Firm in Kansas City, MO, is committed to helping customers like you receive compensation when your insurer isn’t playing fair. We’ll help see you through the appeals process and get you the compensation you deserve.
Why Are Insurance Claims Denied?
Claims are most often denied by insurance companies because they want to save money at your expense. Insurers frequently avoid paying claims or make it very difficult for you to get the benefits to which you are entitled.
Here are some other things that your insurance company may do when they deny or avoid your claim:
- An insurer’s failure to promptly respond to questions or concerns of the claimant.
- An attempt by the insurer to settle a claim for less than a reasonable amount.
- The insurance company requests an unreasonable amount of paperwork or documents.
- The insurance company claims to not have enough information.
- The insurance company fails to explain why they are avoiding or denying your claim.
The same goes for other types of insurance. If your home is damaged in some way that’s not listed in your homeowner’s insurance, your claim may be denied. If your car is totaled, your insurer may try to say that you’re at fault for the damage. Insurance companies have to deny a certain number of claims to stay profitable, and if yours is part of this number, you need an experienced Kansas City attorney to help you.
What To Do When A Claim Is Denied
When you have an insurance claim denied, your reflex will most likely be to panic. After all, you expected money to pay for the peril at hand; now, you’re being told that you’ll have to find another way to pay. Most people can’t pay their medical bills out of pocket and can’t simply purchase a new car at the drop of a hat. This is why when insurance companies deny your claim, you need to have an avenue to fight for the justice you deserve.
Here’s what you can do:
- First, contact an expert lawyer. The attorneys at the Saxton Law Firm have been guiding clients like you through the appeals process for years. We can bring peace of mind to a process that is confusing and complicated.
- Next, start compiling information about your claim for personal use. Get everything related to the peril in question in writing and send an appeal letter to your insurer for more information about why your claim was denied.
Saxton Law Firm in Kansas City, MO, will help you sue your insurer for the money owed to you after an accident or medical procedure. Insurance companies are notorious for finding ways to deny their customers payment for claims. We’re here to make sure you have the tools to stand up to your insurer.
Dealing with insurance companies is a discouraging and stressful process. We can help. If you need advice asserting your rights with an insurance issue, please call our legal team at Saxton Law Firm. 816-810-3207.